We're sorry, to view this content you need to purchase a subscription. Click here for more information.
Reasons to attend and to not attend Hendrix College
- “It’s a liberal arts college so you get a really nice, well-rounded education. I personally love science but am also really interested in languages, so that is a pro for me.”
- “Hendrix has a really good reputation in Arkansas.”
- “There are really nice people at Hendrix. You’ll never feel alone. You can just go out and mingle with people.”
- “People at Hendrix accept you as you are and meet you where you’re at.”
- “It’s small, so you get a lot of attention from professors and they are very accessible.”
- “The campus is really pretty, which might seem like a small thing but you want to like where you’re at.”
To Not Attend
- “If you’re really heavily into the arts, I don’t think we have the best facilities for that.”
- “If you want fancy dorms, you’re not going to get that here.”
- “It’s really small. You can get frustrated with that if you don’t want everybody to know your business or be in your business.”
- “If you love Greek life, maybe the fact that we don’t have Greek life might deter you.”
- “The administration has been going through some changes and sometimes public safety can be in your business.” [See Hendrix Profile article, “Hendrix’s Hiring Freeze” and article, “Room searches, Alcohol Policy Cause for Concern.”]
- “It’s in Arkansas.”
Notice: Hendrix College is a trademark. Induck uses it for descriptive purposes, not to imply affiliation with, endorsement from, or sponsorship by Hendrix College.