We're sorry, to view this content you need to purchase a subscription. Click here for more information.
Reasons to attend and to not attend Lawrence University
- “If you like small class sizes, come to Lawrence.” [About 79% of classes have 19 students or fewer.]
- “There are lots of vegan food options in the dining halls.”
- “If you’re introverted, I think you’ll be happy here. That’s because it’s winter for half of the year so people are cooped up inside enjoying their own company.”
- “Small universities are amazing because you build strong relationships with the professors and other students. The professors are so supportive, so you’re never going to feel like you don’t have somebody there for you.”
- “The professors are really motivated to help you.”
To Not Attend
- “Don’t come if you’re a big party person.”
- “If you’re set on the program you want to study, make sure we have it.”
- “If you want a very traditional track for a STEM degree, like Computer Science or pre-med, maybe this is not the college for you even though there are a lot of people in those disciplines here.”
- “If you’re not with the super liberal, hippie culture. There are people here who can breathe down your throat about it and are very vocal about what they believe in. That could be a lot for somebody who doesn’t share those beliefs.”
- “It’s a small school and you’ll see the same people around campus.”
Notice: Lawrence University is a trademark. Induck uses it for descriptive purposes, not to imply affiliation with, endorsement from, or sponsorship by Lawrence University.