Reasons to attend and to not attend Lehigh University
- “There’s a great alumni network. You’ll be placed in a great job.” [95% of the Class of 2018 were employed or attending graduate school within 6 months of graduation.]
- “There’s a lot of opportunity on campus without having to compete for a spot.”
- “It has a good and active social life.”
- “The social diversity of the campus.”
- “Lehigh is really good at promoting alumni connections. Alumni are always reaching back and alumni are usually really successful.”
- “The vicinity to big cities like Philadelphia and New York City.”
To Not Attend
- “The higher-ups at Lehigh can be pretty annoying at times, and they can disregard the student body like they did last year with the housing.
- “If you’re not a big Greek life person and don’t like dealing with people in Greek life.”
- “A lot of people don’t like where it’s located. The neighborhoods around Lehigh are rough and people don’t like that there’s graffiti or people of Hispanic backgrounds popping wheelies. People call it the ghetto, but that’s other people’s opinion, not my opinion.” [The poverty rate in Bethlehem, PA is about 16%.]
- “It’s expensive.” [Total costs for the 2019-2020 academic year are about $69,650.]
- “If you’re not an outgoing person you might feel shy or scared to reach out.”
Notice: Lehigh University is a trademark. Induck uses it for descriptive purposes, not to imply affiliation with, endorsement from, or sponsorship by Lehigh University.